Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 was released in China back in the 11th of last June. It’s a powerful replacement of its predecessor with features such as:
- Large dynamic color-display – Dynamic display with more than 65 dial themes
- 24-hour heart rate monitoring – Real-time monitoring with heart rate alerts
- 11 sport modes – Rowing machine, jump rope, yoga, elliptical
- 24-hour sleep monitoring – Rapid eye movement (REM), naps
- 50 m water resistance – Wear when showering or swimming
- 14-day extra-long battery life – Battery-saver mode for extended battery life
- All-new women’s health tracking – Menstrual cycle tracking and notifications
- Magnetic charging – Removal-free, direct charging
One of the fans most beloved feature was the possibility to add some personal touch to the watchface. You could change the wallpaper through Xiaomi’s app itself or you could use some 3rd party app to get a wider range of options.
But then, enter Android 11
Google’s latest OS has its own way of dealing with the file system of your phone. At launch, the Mi Smart Band didn’t come prepared for this change. You could select any of the pre installed watch faces. But if you tried to use any of the customizable ones, you’d get stuck at wallpaper selection.
Now, fans can enjoy this feature again. As of the latest Xiaomi android app update – 4.7.0 – you can proceed as before. Select one of the five customizable watch faces, the font color and then a background of your liking.
Some personal favorites
I personally went with “starry sky”. That’s one of the gorgeous wallpapers that Tesla Greater China has been posting for the last year. You can have a look for yourself on their twitter account.
— Tesla Greater China (@teslacn) October 22, 2020
Pick up the energetic wallpapers, and charge your everyday adventure！ pic.twitter.com/HOTDtLpdpw
— Tesla Greater China (@teslacn) July 27, 2020
— Tesla Greater China (@teslacn) October 25, 2020
You also enjoy cars but you’re not of the Tesla persuasion? Not a problem. Just send this article over to your favorite vehicle’s OEM CEO to make him jealous.
Stay in touch with us for more news.